Saturday 22 December 2012

Sonakshi:I want to be a part of big films








Sonakshi Sinha talks about her choice of films, her formula for success and playing wife to Chulbul Pandey in 'Dabangg 2'

Sonakshi Sinha can't stop raving about her upcoming sequel opposite Salman Khan, the first outing of which catapulted her to overnight fame. Dressed in a pair of denims and a Being Human t-shirt, Sona speaks about her character Rajjo and working hard to remain on top of the game...



You are perhaps the only actress who has been repeated in a Bollywood sequel...
I am very happy and thankful to get the second film as well. I think Chulbul and Rajjo compliment each other and their romance works. She is not called his better half for nothing. Chulbul is incomplete without Rajjo and so is she. The story has been taken forward from the first and in it something happens to Rajjo that becomes the turning point in the film. Dabangg-2 has tapped into the happy phase of marriage and I think it's very cute.

The trade is saying that you are as big as the Khans...
I think it is too early in my career. I think I am truly blessed and all I can say for now is that I am a professional actor who works hard and that is what is paying off for me. None of my producers complain about me. I know people feel that I have got everything very easily but I know how hard it is to sustain this.

You dialogue Thappad se dar nahi lagta sahab, pyaar se lagta hai created euphoria. Are there some more emphatic lines like this in the sequel?
I just mouthed the line as the dialogues were given to me. We never thought that it would become so famous and there was no conscious effort made in the first part and neither it is in the second. There are many things that I believe will click with the audience.

Your last film Son of Sardaar too hit the Rs 100 crore mark?
It feels great and I feel lucky to be part of all these films. The success is all the more sweet because of the difficulties we were facing before the release. When you overcome all that, it is a fantastic feeling.

Do you have a secret formula for success? Every film you do (except Joker) does superb business.
I watch a film like an audience and come home and talk about it. Similarly I listen to a script like an audience would, so I guess so far it has been good. I want to have fun on the sets and entertain people.

Are you not open to offbeat films?
When my film with Vikramaditya Motwane comes out, people will notice that I have done different work. It has given me ample scope as an actor. But the fact is that I prefer to do the films that I am doing now. I have fun doing larger than life roles. Who doesn't want to be a part of big films?


The critics have always panned you for your weight but it has worked in your favour...
It makes no difference to me. I have been brought up in a way where I have been taught to be myself. My father came from a small city like Patna. He was tall, dark and skinny and he made it big in the industry. I am healthy and happy and all these are not my issues at all.

Are you doing stunts in your film?
I wish I could but I can't as I am wearing sarees.

No comments:

Post a Comment