Saturday 8 March 2014

Jennifer Oscars Date Laura Simpson ?


just because they are affectionate toward one another can simply mean they care deeply for each other, even love each other....I wish more people would read Anne of Green Gables and see for themselves how it is that women's friendships can be very close and life-long enduring without being lesbian. Give us a break. We have the capacity to love and be loved without being "involved."


Forget all of the wondering because Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars date, Laura Simpson, has kindly revealed what it was really like to attend the star-studded event with the "Catching Fire" star.
Many were left wondering who the girl was that Lawrence grabbed as she was falling on the red carpet that night. Now, the world knows. Simpson posted an Oscars tell-all on Myspace on March 4 where she opened up about Lawrence and the Hollywood elite.Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Laura Simpson Tells All
"I met her [Jennifer Lawrence] seven years ago at an event where we both didn't know a single person," Simpson wrote. "We hit it off over a mutual respect for Chandler Bing, and we've been eating pizza together ever since."
A seven-year friendship based on the loving of a television character helped earn Simpson her place at the Oscars with Lawrence. It also left Simpson vulnerable to one of the actress's falls.
"We finally arrive at the red carpet and as we exit the car, my date eats s… and uses my freshly done Lauren Conrad up-do to break her fall. The crowd goes wild. There are flashbulbs and people circling yet no one asks if I need any help because unless you are famous at the Oscars, you are completely invisible."
The night might have started a bit rocky for the duo, but Simpson found a way to cure that once she got inside the event.
"After waiting for my date's category, her dad and I decide to hit the bar and just watch from the monitor behind the bar and slam a few drinks to make this tolerable. The Academy really needs to spring for more hors d'oeuvres options because now everyone is hammered."


The food came later, though. The Oscars got a lot of press when Ellen DeGeneres's decided to order pizza for some of the hungry celebs, but Jennifer Lawrence, specifically, got a lot of press just for how she was eating that pizza. Simpson wasn't lucky enough to be one of the ones offered pizza from DeGeneres, but Lawrence's date still found a way to get some of the cheesy Italian food.
"My date comes out after her category and we decide to watch the rest of the show in the greenroom where there is pizza. This is where the presenters and winners are hanging out and it's pretty jarring. "
Besides going to the event with one of the nominees, Simpson also was able to meet a host of other celebrity attendees.
"After the show we go backstage where I meet Brad and Angelina. Brad Pitt smells amazing, like nothing I've ever smelled. Eventually we ask what cologne he's wearing and he tells us, "I don't wear cologne, it's just my musk I guess."
Even with all of the Hollywood stars around, Lawrence's best friend still just wanted to try to spend her time with her date.
"We can't enjoy ourselves because everyone, whether they know my date or not, has some weird story they just NEED to tell her as they stand in front of me pushing me out of the circle."
Some of the people might have stinted her from enjoying her time with the 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' star, but Simpson, overall, was delighted with the company at the Oscars and the after parties she attended.
"Actresses tend to get a bad reputation but every woman I met was lovely, witty and introduced themselves to me even though I wasn't famous-even Anne Hathaway."

No comments:

Post a Comment