- Construction of barrages and dams upstream on the river Indus stop the supply of nutrient rich silt.
- Municipal waste and sewage dumped into the mangrove area poisons them.
- A WWF project focuses on replanting mangrove forests and creating an awareness for their sustainable use .
- The WWF has developed two mangrove nurseries and has planted 10,000 saplings.
- Four locally managed nurseries are in operation.
- They are planting 40 acres of mangrove plantation.
- Construction of fully equipped Wetland Centre.