Over the years, the benefits of green tea have increased greatly. Due to the large amount of different anti-oxidants present in the leaf, green tea has become a popular natural remedy. From fighting cancer to tooth decay, here’s why it’s beneficial for you:
1. Helps Prevent cancer: containing anti-oxidants, green tea has been proved to inhibit cancer cell growth and killing of harmful free radicals causing cancer.
To lower lung cancer risk by 18%, all you need to do is drink 2 cups a day. If the taste doesn’t appeal to you, try adding sugar or honey.
2. Stabilizes cholesterol: by converting the “bad” fatty acids –LDL- into its much better oxidized form therefore reducing risk of heart attacks and strokes.
3. Encourages weight loss: by increasing metabolism upon drinking two cups a day.
4. A natural antihistaminic: that prevents sneezing, coughing, and watery eyes when your body is exposed to certain allergens. Green tea blocks the production of immunoglobulin and histamine therefore helping you manage your allergic reactions.
5. Fights acne: as it contains great anti-bacterial properties and improves over-all skin texture and appearance.
6. Eases rheumatoid arthritis pain: by protecting cartilage from destruction and reducing swelling and pain. It is now perceived as a legitimate arthritis remedy.
7. Boosts your immune system: even during the cold winter season when you can’t get out of bed and stop sneezing. According to several studies, it boosts the activity of delta T cells which are part of the body’s immune system.
8. Fights tooth decay: with its anti-bacterial properties. It kills plaque causing bacteria and lowers risk of gum disease.