Tuesday 9 October 2012

Yes, I want to make a comeback too: Urmila Matondkar



Her journey has been great and there is no time for regret, says Urmila Matondkar and adds that she is keen to "make a comeback" but will wait till she gets an exciting offer.

"The journey has been great so far and there is no time for regret. So right now I am only looking for a good script. I am absolutely happy the way my career has shaped up," the 38-year-told.


In the 1990s, she gave hits "Rangeela", "Judaai", "Satya", and "Ek Hasina Thi" among others.

Last seen in 2007 release "Karzzzz", Urmila added: "Yes, even I want to make a comeback. But the kind of body of work that I have done earlier I would only want to choose scripts that I have not done before. Let's see when it happens."

When asked if she is planning to direct, she said: "No, I am not eyeing direction right now." 

So, what keeps you busy? 

"Many things keep me busy. I have been travelling a lot so I am busy in my own world."

Her father is a lecturer

Has worked with other top actresses like Sridevi, Manisha Koirala, Mahima Chaudhry, Juhi Chawla and Rekha which proves that she's not afraid to share credit.

Also well known (along with actresses Sonali Bendre, Raveena Tandon and Sushmita Sen) for her sensational dance numbers.

She started her career as a child artist.

She has played three different negative roles: In 'Kaun' she was a sociopath, in 'Pyar Tune Kya Kiya' she plays a desperate woman who won't give up at any cost to get what she wants and in 'Om Jay Jagadish', she plays the arrogant and uptight wife and daughter-in-law. She has played a semi-negative role in 'Bhoot', where she plays a newly wedded housewife who gets possessed by a dead woman.

Was very good at academics in school. has been awarded the scholarship (state wide conducted examination) in the 4th standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment