Saturday 26 January 2013

Katy Perry Shows Off Her Talent — in the Kitchen






Anyone waking up at Katy Perry's house is in luck -- the singer knows what she's doing when it comes to breakfast.

Perry turned up in Los Angeles on Thursday evening to talk popchips!, the company for which she serves as brand ambassador and creative partner with her new flavor, Katy's Kettle Corn.

Decked out in a rhinestone cocktail dress and a dramatic black updo, Perry and omg! chewed the fat about snacking.


"I've actually been taking cooking classes, I started last year," she said. The songstress occasionally rents out a Los Angeles venue for friends to learn culinary art like sushi rolling.

"I'm not that experienced yet but I'm great at breakfast. I know how to make an omelet so it doesn't become a scramble. I know how to flip it so it doesn't scramble, and every woman knows that's tricky," she insisted.

Perry was just as meticulous about her chip choice, saying the balance between salty and sweet is crucial.

Something else paramount to Perry: history.

"I think the inauguration was one of the best weekends of my life," she shared of the jaunt to Washington (to which she brought beau John Mayer).

"I got a private tour of the Capitol, and just to have walked in the same places that, say, Abraham Lincoln has. I love history, if I was ever going to do anything else I'd study history," she said.

We also took to Twitter (shout out to all the #katycats), where user Fifth Harmony caught our with the question, "What is one thing you always leave the house with?"

"Baby wipes," Perry answered, "my fans might already know that but I use them for everything. They're great for face, body, fashion fixes, you name it."

So are Katy Wipes the next creative effort?

"Let's do it," she winked.

No comments:

Post a Comment