Preparation time: 40mins (+ several hours in the fridge)
Cooking time: 1hr 15mins (+ 1hr with the oven door ajar)
Ingredients for 6 to 8 people:
- 100gr of shortbread biscuits
- 40gr of melted butter- 750gr of spreadable cheese (like Philadelphia)
- 150gr of caster sugar
- 1 sachet vanilla flavoured sugar
- 2 level tbsp of flour
- Zest of ½ a lemon, finely grated
- 1 large tbsp of vanilla essence
- 3 eggs + 2 additional yolks
- 125gr of thick fresh cream
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºc.
2. Crush the biscuits, add the melted butter, spread the mixture around the bottom of a flan dish and pack down firmly.
3. Place in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, then keep to once side.
4. Increase the temperature of the oven to 200ºc.
5. Whisk the cheese for 30 seconds using a mixer or blender, until nice and smooth.
6. Then add the other ingredients, one by one, beating in briefly each time: the sugar and vanilla flavoured sugar, the flour, the lemon zest, the vanilla then the eggs and the yolks. Finally add the fresh cream.
7. Pour the whole mixture into the flan dish and place in the oven. After 15 minutes, reduce the temperature to 100ºc and leave to cook for 1 hour. Switch off the oven but leave the cheesecake in it for another hour, with the door ajar.
8. Remove from the oven and leave it to cool completely before removing from the flan dish and placing it in the fridge.